Monday, July 6, 2009

July 6, 2009 - The Wealth of History of Gustavus Anderson - Part 3

Afternoon,

My thoughts as I was working on July 5th's posting was that the proverbial snowball has begun rolling down the hill. Well please change the visual to an avalanche down a mountain. The finds for great-great-grandfather Gustavus Anderson now do not appear to be slowing down. There are so many leads that all this work will definitely take some time to review and analyze, yet alone try to order it all into a good stream of his life.

I am labeling this posting Part 3, andas I have completed two subsequent postings Parts 1 and 2. This is to provide an easier way of referencing specific postings, as needed.

I did mention in Part 2 that I had also found an 1861 Canada Census and the Ontario, Canada Voters' List - 1877 through and including 1886 specific to Gustavus Anderson. I thought that today I would work on providing the information on the Ontario, Canada Voter Lists as there is some time required on preparing each image document for your review. Chapter 8 of the book The Revised Statutes of Ontario 1887, provides a good reference point for perusing of the The Voters' Lists Act, RSO 1877....

The following are the 10 years which include great-great-grandfather Gustavus Anderson on the Ontario, Canada Voters' List. (If you print these documents I would suggest noting each individual printed page with the corresponding year as the year itself does not appear on any of the images. This will avoid confusion at a later date.)

1877 (Coded OVL001);
1878 (Coded OVL002);
1879 (Coded OVL003);
1880 (Coded OVL004);
1881 (Coded OVL005);
1882 (Coded OVL006);
1883 (Coded OVL007);
1884 (Coded OVL008);
1885 (Coded OVL009);
1886 (Coded OVL010).

As great-great-grandfather Gustavus Anderson passed away in 1886 I searched for an equivalent Voters' List for great-great-grandmother Amelia Anderson. I did not find any specific to her name but I did see subsequent years with a Mrs. Anderson listed. This will require further investigation.

Further information is provided on Wikipedia regarding Concession roads referencing the terms Concession and Lot as used on the Voters' Lists.

Much more to come,

Enjoy,

Jim

No comments: